Saturday 29 September 2012

Sculptural Drawings

Sculptural Drawings

I made a series of simple line drawings in black ink, various views of a small sculptural form I had made out of clay.




 



 

 


 






 

I placed the drawings on the wall of the studio, intending to draw into them to make a much larger wall drawing.





The resulting drawing evolved into something that might suggest a landscape or a complex flower form.



 





 
 
White on White drawings 
 
I made these drawings using the debris of my sculptural experiments. I had carved into solid balls of plaster to make forms resembling stones or pebbles. I drew on the paper with glue and used the plaster dust to create a raised surface. The inspiration for the drawings were sculptural and natural forms I was working on at the time.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment